It is written: “Then God said [to Abraham], ‘Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. And as for Ishmael [born of Hagar, the maidservant] I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.’ When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him. -Genesis 17:19-22
“Islamic traditions consider Ishmael to be the ancestor of Arab people. But is there any spiritual advantage of being a descendant of Abraham? John the Baptist rebuked his hearers, “Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father,’ for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham” (Mt 3:9). Being a descendant of Abraham will not get you an inch closer to heaven.
Who then are the real children of Abraham? The Apostle Paul answers that it is “those of faith who are the sons of Abraham … those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith” (Galatians 3:7-9). He explains further that no-one is justified by the works of the law; indeed the law curses us because of our disobedience. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, redeems those who believe in him from that curse by his death on the cross (Please read Galatians 3 and 4:4-5).
Sadly Islam denies the cardinal truths of our precious faith. Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Most Muslims even deny that he died on the cross, let alone understand the redemptive significance of his death.” –Gospel e-Letter (May 2017) © Dr Joseph Mizzi www.justforcatholics.org
Muslims are Biblical family from the side of Ishmael, and should be thought of as cousins (family, and not inferior!) of the heritage faith starting with Abram/Abraham. It has been taught historically that there are three separate religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Jehovah G_d (Allah) does not see it this way FOR ALL ARE CREATED IN HIS IMAGE! He commands perfect love! The biggest challenge is to reconcile the differences of cultural diversity and error concerning the LORD! Obviously, from oral traditions thousands of years ago to the written texts (Bible vs Koran) today, some major confusion has developed. Jesus is key to reconciliation: “Who do you say that I am.” (The Christ!) Who else in history has claimed to be God in the flesh and has overcome death to forgive sins? Jews who look only to the Torah and/or the Talmud, and Muslims who view Jesus only as a prophet and Mohammad as the last Prophet simply need more grace and prayer. May we who truly Believe and see the light of Christ not judge (condemn) those who are still seeking truth. May we not be found to be a stumbling block to any people! Love unconditionally as Jesus teaches.
At Willow Creek Community Church, the largest church in America, [where] a Muslim man named Faisal Hammouda was allowed to share the pulpit. During the interview with Pastor Bill Hybels, Hammouda claimed: “As a matter of fact, we, all of us … believe in Jesus. I believe in Jesus. I believe in Mohammed and all the prophets. So our mission here is to introduce people to God.” He also stated, “We believe in Jesus more than you do, in fact.” – The Voice of the Martyrs
Source Wall Builders: Last week, [President Obama] made headlines by comparing historic Christianity with modern radical Islam. Cautioning Christians, he warned: ‘And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ… So this is not unique to one group or one religion.'”
Rebuttal of President Obama’s statement above: The True Church is unfailing love! (1 John 4:16-21.) Being persecuted and martyred is the hallmark (distinguishing characteristic) of Believers- Jesus killed no one! (No longer is it an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. -Matthew 5:38-48) It is imperative that all understand: “The sinful (carnal) mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.” -Romans 8:7 This is why all people must be saved by Jesus!
“We know that most Muslims today are not terrorists. We also know that most terrorists today are Muslims.” – Dr. Michael Brown, Messianic Jew
Just some facts:
- Jerusalem is mentioned 667 times in the Holy Jewish Bible (Tanach), but not once in the Islamic Koran.
- “Building a mosque on the site of their conquests is part of the Islamic tradition.” -Michael Evans, Ambassador
- Written in Arabic on the Muslim’s mosque Dome of the Rock (Jerusalem, Israel): “O people of the Book, do not go beyond the bounds of your religion. And do not say about Allah anything but the truth. There is no God but Allah alone- it is no co-partner. The Messiah Jesus [Yeshua] Son of Mary is but a messenger of Allah, and His word which he cast upon Mary and a spirit from Him. So believe only in Allah and of His messenger, but do not say three trinity and it will be better for you. Allah is only one God. Far be it from His glory that He should have a Son. Verily, the religion in Allah’s sight is Islam.” -Source: Conference Update From Washington, D.C., by Dr. Michael Evans
- Muslims sealed the Eastern Gate with stones as if to stop the return of Jesus/Yeshua and His rule in Jerusalem.
- “The Inquisition- the Catholic Church’s medieval anti-heresy machine- left many tens of thousands, if not millions, of Jews, Protestants and Muslims, as well as deviant Catholics, dead in Europe and the New World between the 13th and 19th centuries, imprisoning and torturing many more. What’s more the campaign to ensure Catholic purity was the forerunner of much of today’s religious intolerance.”
- Insights Into Islam